03 octubre 2006

Muchas Cambias


Changes, changes, changes...My life here is going to look very different in a few short days. Some of the new things have started already. For example, last week a new set of volunteers (for the month of October) arrived and began orientation. Then my closest volunteer friend, Phillipp, left for Argentina. My last day of work at the Secret Garden will be Thursday or Friday. I am thinking of taking a few days to travel outside of Quito, but I'm not sure if that will work out or not. Also last week I met a family who would love to have me live with them for a few months. I found out about them through a woman who works in the restaurant at the hostel. She took me to meet them and see their home. It's a 10-15 min. walk from the hostel--still in the old part of town. Their apartment is on the side of a hill/mountain which makes for amazing views of the city. I will have my own room and bathroom (currently being fixed up for me) and I will eat all three meals with the family. In the apartment are three adults and two children. Maggie is the mother of the family and she has a son Juan Fernando and a daughter Alexandra. Juan Fernando has a daughter, Allison, who is eight and Alexandra has a daughter who is four. They are a lovely family, so nice and easy to be around. The kids seem to love having a new person around and they always ask me how to say words in English. I need to make sure that they speak Spanish to me though! That's the point! So I will move into their home in a week or so--whenever the room is ready to be lived in. Another new thing in my life is that today was my first day as a "profesora de ingles." I found out about a pediatrician who needs to learn English so that he can understand medical conferences. Today, I went to his office for the first lesson. He knows some English so we just spoke about his life so that I could get a better feel for what level he is at. He is a very friendly man and I'm looking forward to having him as a student. He is really eager to learn. I have also heard about a job at the Hilton Hotel in Quito that would be writing letters in English and reading and translating English mail. I haven't heard back from the contact person yet, but I think it would be good to have a couple different types of work. Anyway, that's my story for now. There will be many more changes and adjustments in the weeks to come. As for the pictures, I can't take all the credit. The two of the views from the terrace of the Secret Garden are mine, but the other three (the one's that are professional looking) are my friend Phillipp's photos. Well, I think that's about it. Until next time. Ciao!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

It seems that God is blessing you with the opportunities you have desired! I hope we'll get to meet your "family" in Quito some day. We're very excited for you and thank the Lord for His watchful care over you! We love you!

4:28 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey Girl- We are so happy that things are working out. It sounds like the family you will be staying with will be great. Good Luck with you first teaching gig. Also- did you say where Phillip is from?

In our Prayers, Mary Ann and Neill

7:05 p. m.  
Blogger Conni H. said...

Miranda- It is so good to hear that you are loving your experiences in Quito. I am glad that God is working things out for you! I know you said that Phillipp left for Argentina... but Phillipp sort of sounds FRENCH to me!

You remain in our prayers.

7:26 p. m.  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Change is the only constant in life that we all share! It is so good to hear that things are falling into place for you. You continue in our prayers.

God bless,

7:12 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

This sounds so amazing Miranda! Your pictures are gorgeous and it sounds like everything is working out really well! That is so exciting that you found a family and that they're so nice. Good luck with the English teaching jobs, you'll be great! I love reading your blogs, and I think about you a ton. Buena suerte, mi amiga, y te echo de menos!!
Love, Sarah W

10:42 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey Connie - the French thing is mine!!! You have to pick some other topic to comment on!!! I can be vicious! Oh yes, Miranda - glad to hear from you sweet cakes! Everything sounds great and God guided so I'm not going to be too concerned about you. You know you're special to me! Kiss, kiss!!

3:13 p. m.  
Blogger Becky said...

Gorgeous pics! Thanks for the update.. I was wondering how things were going! Good luck with the new client! You will be great!

10:47 p. m.  
Blogger Conni H. said...

we were all laughing at small group about the "frenchman" idea... the blog reminded me of it! :) No need to be vicious... :)

Glad your having a great time Miranda-Stay safe and remember that we are all praying for you!

7:40 a. m.  
Blogger TheGlissonFamily said...

Congratulations on your new opportunities--it's nice to know that He is taking care of us all. How's that Ecuadorian peanut butter? You are having fun in your new experiences, but I assume that you missed this season's Lost premiere? It was a doosie!

7:53 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

sounds like a dream some of the things you are doing..remember what old auntie said...no traveling alone! everything looks beautiful...you most of all!! love you aunt lanie

8:29 p. m.  
Blogger Amanda Tate said...

sounds sweet mrn. live it up.

1:42 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

get backlinks seo promotion backlinks seo backlinks

11:53 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

www.ecuadoradventures.blogspot.com read the full info here Besides, more favorable and considerate service like wholesale quilts and online discount are supported

5:18 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

You're so awesome! I don't think I've truly read anything like this before. So great to find someone with some original thoughts on this subject. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This site is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!

[url=http://truebluepokies4u.com]view more information here[/url]

10:31 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Web Site Counter