20 septiembre 2006

Un Buen Dia

For some reason, blogger.com won't let me upload any pictures. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know because blogs are much more fun with pictures. The screen says that my blog site cannot be found...anyway, I apologize for not having pictures once again.

The past couple of days have been pretty cold and have rained off and on, but today is blue skies, sunny, and warm--perfect. I'm beginning to feel more at home in this city. I walked from the Old Town (where I live) to the New Town by myself today for the first time. Up until now I had walked with friends, butI felt completely comfortable navigating alone today. This is all a part of the process of getting to know this city and culture and its people. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to actually live in a place and not just come and visit as a tourist for a couple days.

Just today I learned about a group of people who go to visit women in prison every Wednesday afternoon. I think this might be a good opportunity for me to meet people and do volunteer work.

My Spanish is also improving which is encouraging. The other day I went and watched a movie in Spanish without subtitles. I didn't catch everything, but I definitely understood a lot.

Well, this is just a quick update. I'm going to try to figure out this picture thing so you can see more of what I see everyday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Conni H. said...

Miranda,
Make sure that your pics are jpegs as opposed to bitmaps or gifs- That may be your problem.

I am glad that you are having fun and finding your way around. It sounds like things are working out as planned! Tell us about your job search.

We are praying for you.

9:05 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

BOJOUR MIRANDA! I DON'T CARE IF YOU POST PIC'S OR NOT, IT'S JUST GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!! KISS, KISS

7:32 a. m.  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Don't try to load more than one picture at a time; sometimes blogger won't do it if there is more than one going through at once. It may be taking too long to load, and you're losing your connection to the blog site. So, try one at a time. Glad to hear you had a good day! Do the women in prison get fed by the prison in Equador? In a lot of countries, prisoners only eat if friends and family bring them food. Hopefully, that isn't the case there. Blessings,

9:49 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Web Site Counter