24 septiembre 2006

Guagua Pichincha

Finally blogger is letting me post pictures again. The first one is me and some friends from the hostel riding on top of a Land Rover to the base of the volcano Guagua Pichincha. The second one is the view from the shelter that is halfway up the mountain.


These photos seem like they are from forever ago, but I guess it was only a week and a half ago. It was so great to get out of the city and do some hiking. By the time we got to the top, the clouds had moved in, so the view wasn't as good, but the experience was great overall. It seems like everyday I meet new people, Ecuadorian and gringo, who have ideas of work that I can do once I leave the Secret Garden. I'm contemplating whether or not to travel a little when I'm done volunteering or to try to find a paying job right away. I think that if I decide to live with a family and work here in Quito I can still volunteer at one of the many orphanages or do prison visits also. I haven't found a family yet, but there are lots of organizations that reccommend families. Also, the other day I was walking through a market and a man who looked about 70 years old came right up to me and started "interviewing" me--all in Spanish, of course. He asked me where I was from, what I was doing in Quito, how long I'd be here, etc. Then he took out a piece of paper and gave me his name and address so I could stay with him and his family to help my Spanish. It was so random and friendly...I guess. I'm glad the pictures are working again. I'll be sure and take some more and do another post soon!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Pooketi- be careful of those strange men even if theya re 70 years old. I'm sure a gringo's money would help his family. Go through a reputable place to find where to live! I miss you little one. Keep an eye out for that Frenchman!! Kiss,Kiss!!!

6:40 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Miranda- I am glad that you figured out how to post pictures. It gives people like Neill and i a look at the world you are experiencing. Good Luck with looking for a family to live with.

We'll be praying

Mary Ann

7:32 p. m.  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

You were wearing your seatbelt on the drive up the mountain, right? :-) Thanks for the wonderful pictures! It is so good to hear of your journeys. You are in our prayers!

Grace and Peace,
Mr. Brad

11:32 p. m.  
Blogger Conni H. said...

Thanks for sharing your journeys with us. We are praying for you.

Jason and Conni

7:07 a. m.  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Aren't pictures and posts like this one-the ones that give your parents a heart attack-fun! Really though...I'm sure you've lived enough to know that though most of humanity is genuinely good, some choose evil quite often. I agree with the person who commented first-only go anywhere with credible people. And about the Land Rover adventure: Yipee! Hold on and enjoy the scenery. It's beautiful there, or at least you're a great photographer.

6:17 a. m.  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

O.K. Panda! Time for an update! Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Your last post had our entire Tuesday morning prayer group lifting you up in prayer this week!

9:16 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


Web Site Counter